REASONS FOR NOT QUALIFYING FOR THE BSC
If you are not eligible for the degree programme, then it will be for one of the following reasons:
You enrolled with ACCA before the Bachelor of Science (Hons) in Applied Accounting degree was intro-
• When the degree programme was introduced in 2000/2001, all eligible registered students were required
to opt into the degree scheme by November 2001. Any student who did not do so, would have been auto-
• If you are registered with ACCA but not opted in to the programme and have yet to complete the Financial
Reporting (FR) – Financial Management (FM) exams plus are within 10 years of your of the earliest date of
your first examination pass or the date of your first ACCA exemption being granted, please contact ACCA
Connect to opt into the degree programme.
You ticked the box on your ACCA registration form stating you did not wish to join the Oxford Brookes
University degree programme
• If you are yet to complete the Financial Reporting (FR), Audit and Assurance (AA) and Financial Manage-
ment (FM) exams, you may opt back in to the BSc degree by contacting ACCA Connect. If you have already
passed ANY of the Financial Reporting (FR), Audit and Assurance (AA) or Financial Management (FM) exams,
then unfortunately it is now too late to opt back into the degree programme. If you hold exemptions for
any of the Financial Reporting (FR) – Financial Management (FM) exams, then you may contact ACCA Con-
nect to forfeit these in order to remain eligible. This must be done before sitting any of the other core
exams of Financial Reporting (FR) – Financial Management (FM) – once you have forfeited your exemption
you cannot reverse this decision.
You do not hold a suitable English language qualification
• If you successfully completed Corporate and Business Law (LW) on or before June 2014 this will be accep-
• If you have not completed Corporate and Business Law (LW) by June 2014 then refer to the pdf document
below for alternative ways you can demonstrate your English proficiency.
• If you are exempt from any exam from the Applied Knowledge and Applied Skills exams based on a qualifi-
cation more than 10 years old, you would be required to forfeit all of the exemptions in order to opt in to
the degree programme.
You enrolled with ACCA over 10 years ago
The BSc (Hons) in Applied Accounting degree has a 10 year deadline starting from a student’s first examina-
tion pass or the date of first ACCA exemption being granted. If this has expired in your case, we regret that
you are no longer eligible to complete the degree with us.
If you wish to enquire about your eligibility to complete the BSc degree, please contact ACCA Connect.
Please include your ACCA student registration number in any correspondence.